Monday, January 10, 2011

WHY?!

Ethan is fully in the "why?" stage. He used to give his own reason when I would say "no" to something... "too scary?, too dangerous?, too loud?" and my favorite "too annoying?" but now instead he asks "why, why mom?" The best example I can think of is this morning in the bath, went something like this...

Ethan don't drink the bath water
-Why?
Because its gross
-Why?
Because its dirty
-Why?
Because we washed you in it
-Why?
Because you were dirty
-Why?
...and it went on and on from there!

And so I have become one of those "Because I said so!" moms. There just isn't any getting around it, the questioning never ends. Chloë does it occasionally now too but I'm sure she will do it more and more to be like her big brother. Just another day in life of rasing two little monkeys!

1 comment:

julie kerby said...

Ooooo I feel an I told ya so coming on hehe j/k :)
Love ya,
Mom